Thanks to Unicare Health and e-Tools who have come on board as the major sponsors of the Symposium – Improving outcomes through equipment and technology. Don’t miss out on this fantastic event with Keynote Speaker Dr Natasha Layton – it is only 3 weeks away! The program is out now , find out more and register today.
Technology and equipment has enormous potential to support and improve the lives of older people. Keeping up with what is available and what is new can be time consuming.
Aged & Community Services WA and Independent Living Centre WA invite you to a full day symposium where you can hear how equipment and technology can make a real difference to the lives of people you support.
What’s on offer?
- Keynote speaker Dr Natasha Layton is the National Professional Practice & Standards Manager with Occupational Therapy Australia. Hear about her research and findings on how aged and community services can make the best of enabling technologies
- Inspiring presentations from ILC, Clip Solutions, Visibility, TADWA, ECU, UWA, National Relay Service, e-Tools, Bentech Assistive Technologies, Befriend and Brightwater Care Group
- Over 15 exhibitors demonstrating products for organisations and consumers
- New ideas and practical strategies
- The opportunity to touch, feel and explore new equipment
- Discovering how technology can engage and enhance wellness for older people
- Learning how to provide more integrated, flexible and person centred services
Who should attend?
- Managers, coordinators and carers in community, residential or retirement living
- Health and allied professionals
- Technical support officers / consultants
- Regional Assessment Centre employees
- ACAT teams
Date: Thursday 19th May 2016
Venue: Independent Living Centre WA, The Niche, 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands
Time: 9.00am to 4.00pm
Cost: $200 per person (incl. GST) or $500 for 3 people (incl. GST)